Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Bikes

Today is the second day in a row that I've been able to ride. This summer I had hoped to get up to my pre-New York levels of cycling, but it seems having a job really puts a damper on your amateur bicycle career. Yesterday rode to Bronxville, today to Kensico Dam (and rode my bike to the farmers market in downtown White Plains to do the produce shopping)...not the Lake Washington Loop, but it's a start.

Last night watched a bit of the Tour. I've noticed a lot of the big name sponsors are missing (not surprisingly). Here are my brief thoughts:

1) Professional cycle racing gives the beauty of the sport a bad name, but at the same time it is one of the most beautiful things to watch. A tight pace line is pretty amazing to watch.

2) I am thoroughly tired of Lance Armstrong. For some reason his on-again, off-again, now I'm retired, now I'm not schtick I find more irritating than even Michael Jordan's. I think he needs to do the honorable thing and decide: are you a cyclist or are you a Page 6-Greenwitch-Village-dwelling celeb-dating ponce?

3) I like Levi Leipheimer, if only for his name and his perpetual habit of never quite coming in first.

'Till later!

1 comment:

  1. I think he is officially a Page 6-Greewitch-Village-dwelling celeb-dating ponce.

    ReplyDelete